On behalf of the Scientific Committee of ICAD-ME 2017 Abu Dhabi, thank you for submitting your work for presentation at the Seventh International Conference on Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders in the Middle East in Abu Dhabi. We have a submission and evaluation process administered by Kenes; please take a moment to read the following simple guidelines.
All abstracts must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstracts that are sent via other e-mail address or fax will not be included in the abstract assessment process by the Scientific Committee.
Abstract submission deadline is 7 February, 2017.
Abstract Submission Guideline
- All submissions must be made via e-mail by 7 February, 2017.
- If an abstract is accepted for presentation, the first author must accept responsibility to present it.
- Each participant may only submit one abstract as a presenting author. Further abstracts having the same participant as the “presenting author” will not be taken into consideration by the Scientific Committee. In the case of having more than one abstract submitted by the same presenting author, the Scientific Committee will select one of the abstracts randomly and evaluate only this selected abstract.
- The presenting author assumes full responsibility of the content of the abstract and must ensure that all other authors are aware of this content and approve of it before the abstract is submitted.
- Presenting author is required to register for the congress in order to have the abstract accepted.
Preparation of Abstracts
1. Download and complete the abstract submission form. Once you have it completed, please save it as a PDF.
2. Send the abstract submission form to Ms. Alida Enes at email@example.com.
3. You will receive an email confirming that your abstract has been received.
Accepted abstracts will be published as they are submitted. Since there will be no editing process on the abstracts, the authors are required to avoid any typing errors, misordering of the authors, wrong spelling/writing about the institutions, etc.
- All abstracts must be prepared in English.
- Category: A main category that is relevant for your abstract must be selected during the submission process. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the category during the abstract assessment process.
Abstract Submission Categories:
- Diagnosis and Clinical Aspects
- Molecular Aspects
- Treatments of Dementia
- Caregiving and Public Policy
- Presentation type: Most abstracts will be scheduled as poster presentations, and a small number as oral presentations. Presentation type of the abstract should be selected during the submission process. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the presentation type according to availability of time slots in the scientific programme.
- Title: Abstract title may contain a maximum of 250 characters.
- Author(s): First and last names, institutions, and e-mail addresses of all authors must be fully and correctly indicated in the right order. The accepted abstracts will be published with the indicated author and institution names without revisions.
- Institution(s): The institution(s) of the authors should be indicated fully with the “department” and “institution” names while avoiding any abbreviations such as Dept., Inst., Hosp., etc. The first letter of the names of the institution and city must be capitalized. The country should be selected from the drop down list correctly.
- Abstract text: Abstract texts should not exceed 250 words. The title of the abstract, authors’ names, their institutions and keywords are not included in this limit.
- Abstract texts should consist of the four sections given below:
- Material and Methods
- Images, tables, diagrams and graphs are not allowed in the abstract text.
- Keywords: Keywords should not be included in any of the sections of the abstract text, and should be provided only in the section dedicated to keywords.
- A minimum of 3 and a maximum 6 keywords can be included. All keywords should be written in small letters, separated by commas.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- Changes may be made to already submitted abstracts until 7 February, 2017. It will not be possible to make changes after this deadline. You can send the new abstract document with updates (not in the mail body) prior to the deadline. Please contact Ms. Alida Enes from the Congress Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further assistance.
Please ensure that the e-mail address of the contact author is entered correctly to enable the Congress Organizing Secretariat to communicate with you regarding the abstract. All information regarding the acceptance, any required adjustments, and scheduling will be communicated through the e-mail of the contact author who is submitting the abstract.
Upon submitting your abstract an e-mail including the “Abstract Number” and “Title” of your abstract will be sent to the contact author who has submitted the abstract from email@example.com
Evaluation Process and Acceptance Letters
All submitted abstracts will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee following the abstract submission deadline and acceptance letters will be sent by 5 February, 2017 at the latest viae-mail.
Relevant information about your abstract’s presentation including the presentation date, time, hall, presentation number will be included in the acceptance letters.
The presenting author of the abstract must be registered for the congress no later than the registration deadline. Abstracts of the presenting authors who do not register for the congress and do not make the registration payment by theregistration deadline, will be cancelled automatically.
Information Regarding the Preparation of Posters
Kindly note the following information regarding the poster presentations:
- Posters may be prepared on a single spread sheet with the maximum dimensions of 70 cm. width x 90 cm. height (portrait)
- It is recommended to allocate the top part of the poster to the title and authors' names and institutions, as they appear in the abstract.
- Posters should be prepared with font size that can be read from a distance of 2 m.
- Hanging materials will be provided in the Poster Area during the congress.
-The posters will be displayed within certain time slots for a limited time period. They will not be displayed for the entire congress time. The schedule for displaying your poster will be sent to you. The presenters will be asked to be present at their designated poster board(s) during coffee and lunch breaks to answer any questions. Please add the timing for the coffee breaks as it is the same every day.
For any further assistance about the abstract submission and/or evaluation processes, kindly contact Ms. Alida Enes (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the Congress Secretariat.